Tuesday 8 September 2009

It's coming real fast!!

So for those of you that don't know me...My name is Louise and i am a 20 year old undergraduate of Stirling University in Scotland studying English and French. Oh...and i am about to embark on the one of the most memorable experiences of my life!

So since i received my arrete, and discovered that i am going to be working as an english language assistant in Bordeaux City(lucky right? i know :D), i have been tackling the never ending list of things to do! I'm starting to think it will actually NEVER end. But do not fear....i shall conquer it (hopefully before it conquers me...)

Since i found out about my placement i have been spending every spare minute on the internet, looking up all the delights of Bordeaux whilst trying to get through the mountain of paperwork that needs to be done. I thought this was supposed to be an experience of a lifetime?!?

Also....my sister has cunningly decided that abandoning her to go gallovanting around France gives her the right to guilt me into tidying and sorting out allllll of my 'belongings' in out room instead of leaving her to do it all once i'm away(as she put it). However, i later found out that this plan had an underlying agenda...to rid the room of all things me and to let her have free reign of the room! cunning right? Not just a pretty 13 year old i say! I think i will be lucky to come home to a bed for me in the room...down to the kitchen with the dog it is!

I shall keep you all updated on my planning and paperwork, but more importantly my adventure to France when i get there....which let's face it, is just a mere 20 days away! eeek!

Bye for now!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited too! I can't believe I'm leaving in 12 days! Where in Scotland are you from? I visited Scotland in 2007, and loved every moment of it! I visited Glasgow, Edinburgh, all over the Highlands, and Nairn. One of the most beautiful places (besides France) I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, i am from Fife, its just across the water from Edinburgh. Where are you from? where abouts are you headed for in France?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello to a fellow Scot! I'm from Glasgow, going to Avignon (Aix-Marseille Academie) so I'll also be in the South, just a lot more East! I know what you mean about spending every spare minute trying to find out about the region- I have two guidebooks on Provence and I think I've read them cover to cover. The paperwork thing is really annoying, I agree, I'm sure there is still some paperwork I've still to do but I'm just too excited to think about it! I'm actually really freaked out right now because I can't find my passport but I'm sure it must be in my room and once I tidy up it has to appear... if it doesn't... EEEek!

    ReplyDelete